Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I have known about my paper for my Politics of Sustainable Society class for about two weeks now. It is due tomorrow…so of course I finished it tonight.
It is a little ridiculous how EVERYTHING else is so much more interesting than writing a paper.
Recently I have discovered that procrastinating for a paper makes me really hungry and compels me to make things from scratch…see yesterdays procrastination quiche.
Today I decided that I REALLY needed chocolate chip cookies so I followed this recipe and it was honestly the best batch of chocolate chip cookies I have ever baked.
1 ½ stick of butter
1 ¼ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsps vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a separate bowl mix the flour and baking soda together.
3. Soften the butter by placing in the microwave for 20 seconds. Cut the softened butter into chucks and then add to a bowl. Mash up the butter really well
4. Add the white sugar and brown sugar and mix well until incorporated. Make sure you don’t have any hidden butter globs.
5. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and salt into the mixture and mix really well.
6. Add the flour by mixing in 3 separate portions (this makes incorporating the flour so much easier)
7. Stir in the chocolate chips
8. On a baking sheet drop rounded tablespoons of the dough leaving a 2 inch space in between.
9. Bake for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a plate.